Sunday, January 06, 2008

Too Cool for the Room

This is a little on the adolescent side, I know, but does anyone else dislike Ellen Page as much as I do? Maybe it's just me, but I find her smarmy, sarcastic, too-cool-for-the-room routine grating in the extreme. If I got stuck on a subway car next to that little puddle of precociousness I would walk to the other end to get away from her. Why would I want to spend 12 bucks to see her in Juno? I've tried, too. After hating her in every life-sucking second of Hard Candy, I watched her on David Letterman the other night and found her too-cool-for-the-room routine downright rude. It's DAVE. Don't get all sardonic and cute with Dave, little girl. The man INVENTED it. I'm taking a pass on that movie, at least until I can rent it and yell and throw things at the screen.

Again, could just be me.

No comments: